2301 Plastic Surgery: Michael A. Bogdan, MD, FACS
2301 Westgate Plaza
Grapevine, TX 76051
Phone: (817) 442-1236
Monday–Friday: 9 a.m.–5 p.m.
In Fort Worth, Frisco, Plano, Southlake, and other communities near Grapevine, TX, women and men take better care of themselves than ever before. Looking and feeling good is important, and nutrition and fitness have become key components of our lifestyles. Unfortunately, many people find that despite diet and exercise, certain parts of the body retain resistant, unsightly pockets of fat. Even people who are in very good physical shape sometimes need a little help achieving an attractive physique, and a liposuction procedure board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Michael Bogdan can be just the help they need.
This may explain why liposuction is one of the most commonly performed cosmetic surgery procedures in the United States. New technology has made liposuction safer and more effective than ever for the removal of difficult fat deposits. Dr. Michael Bogdan performs advanced liposuction techniques, normally choosing power-assisted liposuction (PAL) for his patients.
Before & After Photos
This feature contains nudity. Please click OK to confirm you are at least 18 years of age and are not offended by such material.
What Is Liposuction?
Liposuction is a plastic surgery procedure that removes specific areas of fat using suction. It is not a weight loss procedure.
Who Is a Good Candidate for Liposuction?
Women and men who are in good health, at a stable and healthy weight, and want to remove localized areas of fat are usually good candidates for liposuction. Liposuction can be used to enhance most areas, including:
- Chin, cheeks, and neck
- Abdomen including the waist and belly
- Flanks (hips)
- Inner and outer thighs
- Upper arms
Can Liposuction Surgery Be Combined With Other Procedures?
Liposuction is often performed to enhance the results of other plastic surgery procedures, including:
Combining liposuction with a tummy tuck and breast enhancement surgery is often called a Mommy Makeover because many women choose to have these procedures together after pregnancy and breastfeeding.
How Much Is Liposuction in Fort Worth, TX?
The cost for liposuction varies with treatment areas, liposuction technique, and individual patient factors. When patients from Plano, Frisco, Southlake, and other nearby cities combine liposuction with other procedures, the price may differ from having liposuction performed on its own. For the best care and results, it’s important to choose a board-certified plastic surgeon such as Dr. Bogdan who has extensive experience performing the procedure. Patients are provided with a personalized price quote at the end of their consultation.
Body Contouring Options
Generally, liposuction removes unwanted fat by suctioning it through a small tube – called a cannula – inserted through very small incisions. Dr. Bogdan offers the following liposuction techniques:
- “SuperWet” Liposuction involves injecting the area with a minimal volume of a solution of local anesthetic, saline, and epinephrine. This surgical technique enables Dr. Bogdan to fully visualize the contours that you want to have addressed, without overly distorting the anatomy. This allows for more accurate contouring of your troubled areas, and minimizes discomfort, bleeding, and bruising. This type of liposuction is done with assistance of general anesthesia, and has a short and comfortable recovery time.
- Power Assisted Liposuction utilizes relatively new technology which allows the tip of the cannula to vibrate at a very high speed. This vibration loosens the fat cells, which allows them to be safely and gently suctioned away. There is generally less bruising, faster recovery time, decreased risk for the patient. This method also allows for greater precision in fat removal, allowing Dr. Bogdan to shape a more natural, aesthetically pleasing contour.
Dr. Michael Bogdan
Dr. Bogdan is a board-certified plastic surgeon with a passion for his craft who is known for working closely with patients to get excellent results.
Recovery after liposuction varies with the specific areas treated, the number of treatment areas, and the amount of fat removed. Patients typically have mild discomfort, swelling, and bruising. Here is a general recovery timeline:
- 7 days: return to non-strenuous jobs and activities, bruising fades
- 2 to 3 weeks: resume strenuous exercise, strenuous jobs
- Several weeks: swelling and soreness subside
- 4 to 6 weeks: wear compression garment to minimize swelling and promote smooth results
- 3 to 6 months: see final results, although you will be noticeably slimmer right away
If you would like further information about liposuction in the Fort Worth area, please click here to schedule a consultation with Dr. Michael Bogdan, a board-certified plastic surgeon in Grapevine, Texas. Dr. Bogdan looks forward to meeting with you to discuss your personal goals and establish a treatment plan to achieve them. If you prefer, you can call us at (817) 442-1236 to schedule your appointment.
App for iPhone® & iPad®
If you have an iPhone or iPad, Dr. Bogdan encourages you to download his enhanced photo gallery application. This FREE app is available for download from the App Store℠.Download from the App Store