2301 Plastic Surgery: Michael A. Bogdan, MD, FACS
2301 Westgate Plaza
Grapevine, TX 76051
Phone: (817) 442-1236
Monday–Friday: 9 a.m.–5 p.m.
Post-Bariatric Plastic Surgery
Bariatric surgery has helped many obese men and women from Fort Worth, Frisco, Plano, and other nearby Texas communities to transform their lives and their bodies through significant weight loss. Bariatric patients work hard to re-shape their bodies through diet, exercise, and lifestyle changes. Unfortunately, as the body shrinks down to its new, healthier size, the skin does not necessarily shrink along with it. Most post-bariatric patients are left with excess skin which detracts from their hard-earned new physique.
Post-Bariatric Plastic Surgery
Before & After Photos
This feature contains nudity. Please click OK to confirm you are at least 18 years of age and are not offended by such material.
Due to the increased popularity of bariatric surgery and other options to achieve significant weight loss, Dr. Bogdan has seen a rise in the demand for plastic surgery for people who want to remove areas of excess skin. Men and women who have achieved such inspiring results in their quest to look and feel better often find that loose, sagging skin prevents them from truly enjoying their new and improved bodies. Surgical removal of this excess skin can make you look better, and feel better as well.
If you would like to learn more about post-bariatric procedures, request a consultation with Dr. Michael Bogdan, a Dallas-Fort Worth plastic surgeon specializing in post-bariatric plastic surgery.
Dr. Michael Bogdan
Dr. Bogdan is a board-certified plastic surgeon with a passion for his craft who is known for working closely with patients to get excellent results.
Body Contouring Cosmetic Surgery for Weight Loss Patients
Many patients who have achieved significant weight loss will require more than one body-contouring procedure, or a combination of body contouring and breast procedures, to attain their desired results. Below are summaries of the procedures that Dr. Bogdan performs to help you achieve your ultimate self-improvement goals.
- Arm Lift, or brachioplasty, is a procedure designed to deal with redundant skin and fat hanging off the upper arm. Through an incision which runs along the back of the arm from the elbow to the armpit, brachioplasty can take away that extra skin, leaving arms with a more desirable contour.
- Buttock Lift raises the contour of the buttocks and removes excess, sagging skin through well-concealed incisions. This procedure is usually a component of the lower body lift, and is often performed in conjunction with a thigh lift.
- Lower Body Lift can address the folds of loose, sagging skin around the torso. Effectively a combination of an abdominoplasty, outer thigh lift, and buttock lift, the body lift is sometimes called a “circumferential abdominoplasty.”
- Liposuction can help shape and contour remaining deposits of fat in areas such as the arms, neck, chin, waist, hips and thighs.
- Breast Surgery, such as breast lift or breast reduction, can tighten sagging skin and restore a firmer, more pleasing shape to the breasts.
- Tummy Tuck, also known as abdominoplasty, removes excess skin from the midsection while sculpting and flattening the abdomen.
- Facial Surgery procedures such as face lift and neck lift can get rid of sagging, wrinkled skin and give the face a more youthful appearance.
App for iPhone® & iPad®
If you have an iPhone or iPad, Dr. Bogdan encourages you to download his enhanced photo gallery application. This FREE app is available for download from the App Store℠.Download from the App Store
At your initial consultation, Dr. Bogdan will take the time to go over all of your options for post weight loss plastic surgery. He will work with you to determine which procedure or combination of procedures will best achieve the results you desire. Typically, post-bariatric patients must undergo a series of procedures, over the course of several weeks or months. Occasionally, surgeries can be combined, but since many of the procedures require extensive incisions, this is something that Dr. Bogdan must evaluate on a case-by-case basis.
If you would like further information about your post-bariatric surgical options, please click here to schedule a consultation with Dr. Michael Bogdan, a board-certified plastic surgeon in Grapevine, Texas. Dr. Bogdan looks forward to meeting with you to discuss your personal goals and establish a treatment plan to achieve them. If you prefer, you can call us at (817) 442-1236 to schedule your appointment.