2301 Plastic Surgery: Michael A. Bogdan, MD, FACS
2301 Westgate Plaza
Grapevine, TX 76051
Phone: (817) 442-1236
Monday–Friday: 9 a.m.–5 p.m.
Aging, childbearing, or simply Mother Nature may cause some women to feel dissatisfied with their breast size. Women in the local area have a reputation for being beautiful, feminine, and always well put together. The Southern woman likes to look good, and part of that look is a fit, proportional physique. Breast augmentation has helped women from Fort Worth, Plano, Frisco, Southlake, and Grapevine, TX, enhance their self-confidence and their lives by creating the curves they have always wanted.
If you would like to learn more about breast augmentation, request a consultation with Dr. Michael Bogdan, a top board-certified plastic surgeon specializing in breast enhancement.
Before & After Photos
This feature contains nudity. Please click OK to confirm you are at least 18 years of age and are not offended by such material.
How Much Does Breast Augmentation Cost in the Fort Worth Area?
The cost of breast augmentation generally ranges from $6,300 to $7,800. The price depends on multiple factors, including your choice of breast implants, the complexity of the surgery, and whether it will be combined with other procedures such as a breast lift or tummy tuck. Although cost is a necessary consideration, it’s important to choose a board-certified plastic surgeon such as Dr. Bogdan who has extensive experience performing breast enhancement surgery. You will be provided with a personalized price quote at the end of your consultation.
Performing Breast Enlargement
Choosing breast augmentation is a very personal decision, and your breast augmentation procedure also will be highly personalized. In order for your procedure to be specifically tailored to your unique needs and desires, many subsequent decisions must be addressed. One of the most common concerns that patients want to be answered is “What will I look like with a certain size implant?” Although photo galleries are useful for assessing a surgeon’s skill and aesthetics, it may be difficult to find a patient that exactly matches your body type and desires. To address this issue, in his Grapevine office, Dr. Bogdan utilizes 3-D imaging to simulate operative outcomes on your own body.
Incision Placement Options
The first decision to be made is where to place the incisions. There are many factors to be weighed when considering incision types, such as the degree of enlargement desired, your existing breast anatomy, your personal preference, and breast implant type. Dr. Bogdan always strives to minimize scarring, and will work with you to determine which incision method is right for your personal needs.
- The inframammary approach is the most commonly utilized at Dr. Bogdan’s breast enlargement practice. This small incision is made along the underside of the breast where it meets the chest wall, and is typically well-concealed in the fold beneath the breast. This incision method allows for the best access to the interior breast anatomy for optimal implant placement and adjustment.
- For extremely discreet scars, the endoscopic approach utilizes a small incision in the armpit. This is a newer technique, and requires a highly skilled surgeon to place the implant with the assistance of an endoscope.
- The periareolar incision is made around the bottom half of the areola, which is the dark circle of skin surrounding the nipple. This incision allows very direct access to the interior chest wall, and if performed properly, leaves little noticeable scarring. This incision site also may be utilized for subsequent breast surgeries if needed.
Dr. Michael Bogdan
Dr. Bogdan is a board-certified plastic surgeon with a passion for his craft who is known for working closely with patients to get excellent results.
Implant Placement Options
After choosing the incision site, you and Dr. Bogdan will select the appropriate implant placement. Breast implants can be placed either beneath the pectoral muscle (submuscular) or over the pectoral muscle (subglandular). The choice of where to place the implant depends on a variety of factors, including the degree of augmentation desired, the type of implant selected, and your particular anatomy.
- Submuscular placement is the more commonly used of the two methods for women undergoing breast enlargement in Dallas. Both saline and silicone gel implants are regularly inserted using this method, which tends to produce a more natural appearance for most body types. In addition, recent studies suggest that submuscular placement decreases the risk of capsular contracture, a complication in which excess scar tissue tightens around the implants. Due to the incision of the muscle tissue, this method may result in a longer recovery period with slightly more discomfort.
- The subglandular method places the implant behind the breast tissue, but above the pectoral muscle. This method results in a more comfortable recovery, but may be more likely to interfere with mammograms. However, less tissue over the implant means that the implants are more visible, and may look less natural. Women with thin skin or very small breasts are not good candidates for this option.
In addition to deciding on incision location and implant placement, patients will need to select the type and size of implant that best suits their goals. Click here to learn more about choosing the right breast implants for your preferred outcome.
App for iPhone® & iPad®
If you have an iPhone or iPad, Dr. Bogdan encourages you to download his enhanced photo gallery application. This FREE app is available for download from the App Store℠.Download from the App Store
Can Breast Augmentation Surgery Be Combined With Other Procedures?
Yes. Many women have multiple areas they’d like to improve, so Dr. Bogdan often combines breast augmentation with other procedures including:
Combination breast and body procedures are often called Mommy Makeovers because they are popular with women after pregnancy and breastfeeding.
How Long Does It Take to Recover From a Breast Augmentation?
Recovery rates vary between breast augmentation patients, but they generally follow this timeline:
Day After Surgery
It is normal to feel tired the first day or so after surgery. We recommend having an adult at home to help you out with cooking, self-care, children, and pets during the early stages of recovery. It is helpful to sleep in a recliner or propped up with pillows.
Two Days After Surgery
Most women experience discomfort during the first day or 2 after breast augmentation and manage it with prescription pain medication.
One Week After Surgery
Most patients stop taking pain medication 2 to 3 days after surgery and feel ready to return to non-strenuous jobs or school.
Two Weeks After Surgery
Avoid all exercise except gentle walking for the first 2 weeks after surgery. It is common to gain or lose sensitivity in one or both nipples for the first 1 to 2 weeks as the associated nerves adjust. Silicone nipple shields can ease hypersensitivity. After 2 weeks, you can resume lower body exercises.
Three Weeks After Surgery
It is usually safe to gradually resume upper body exercises at 3 weeks.
Two Months After Surgery
Fit, active women usually feel back to normal about 6 to 8 weeks after surgery. At this time, the breasts soften and implants “drop” into their final, natural-looking position as tissues relax and swelling fades.
Three Months After Surgery
Patients usually have achieved their final results at this point and enjoy being able to fill out bras, swimsuits, and other fitted clothing.
Making the decision to have breast augmentation is the beginning of a journey to a new and improved you. Along the way, you will be faced with numerous choices, and Dr. Bogdan will help you carefully weigh all of your options. His extensive training and experience performing breast augmentation allow him to customize each procedure to the needs of the individual patient.
If you still have questions about breast augmentation surgery, please visit the Breast Augmentation FAQ page where Dr. Bogdan answers some common questions. After breast augmentation, Dr. Bogdan may have you perform breast implant exercises that are aimed at maintaining soft and natural feeling breasts. Please review the Breast Implant Exercises page so you will have an understanding of the exercises before your consultation.
If you would like further information about breast augmentation, please click here to schedule a consultation with Dr. Michael Bogdan, a board-certified plastic surgeon in Grapevine, Texas. Dr. Bogdan looks forward to meeting with you to discuss your personal goals and establish a treatment plan to achieve them. If you prefer, you can call us at (817) 442-1236 to schedule your appointment.